The Investment Case for Sustainable Investing: Why you should consider ESG risk factors and sustainable investing trends in your plans
Jeff Vilker, Director, Defined Contribution
IMPAX Asset Management
Additional Panelists Will be Announced Soon
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
805 SW Broadway, Suite 1400
Portland, OR 97205
Please join WP&BC Portland Chapter as we host an engaging panel discussion of experts discussing the case for sustainable investing and address the challenges that come from billions of us on the planet and the high-level demands of demand and consumption. We will look at the challenges and opportunities that may present themselves as we transition from an industrial economy that is depletive and generates a lot of waste to a sustainable economy one that is more circular.
Our panel will present the Investment Case for Sustainable Investing:
- Economic case for clean energy is compelling.
- Volatility in global markets may create opportunities for active investors.
Attendees will learn: How to invest in the transition to a more sustainable economy:
- As the world transitions from the current economy to the Next Economy, companies will find both opportunities and risks associated with the transition. Those opportunities and risks create critical information for investors.
- Recognize that plan sponsor interest is growing as is confusion with terminology and acronyms. Work with an asset manager that is experienced and dedicated to the space.
- Start the conversation with your clients to determine what is material to them – and help show them the path forward.
- Debunk preconceived views such as high expense ratios & performance concessions and enforcing strong alignment with plan participant values & higher plan participant engagement.
Jeff Vilker, Director of Defined Contribution, IMPAX Asset Management
Jeff is responsible for building strategic relationships with key defined contribution (DC) market participants. He focuses on providing both solutions to DC consultants/advisors, platforms, plan sponsors and participants as well as thought leadership on ESG and sustainable investing.
Before joining Impax in 2022, Jeff served as the Director of Institutional Sales and Head of Retirement for Harris Associates’ Oakmark Funds for more than nine years. Prior to that, he worked in consumer packaging (International Paper), information technology (Cisco Systems) and aerospace (Gulfstream).